The Essentialist warrants all goods to be free from defects in material and workmanship, and of acceptable quality and durability.
Our Goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the Goods repaired or replaced if the Goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The warranty does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear;
- Damage arising from abnormal use, or abuse; and
- Products which have not been maintained or which have been modified;
- Damage to packaging only;
- Insignificant minor variations in dimensions, colour, grain or finish; and
- Very minor chips or superficial blemishes.
Any additional warranties below do not apply to:
- Defects or damage resulting from negligence, abuse or misuse, including (but not limited to) inadequate or improper maintenance, exposure to water, direct sunlight, salt air, chemicals, accidents, any use for which the product was not designed nor does it cover ordinary wear-and-tear.
- Any failure by you to follow The Essentialist Care Instructions or specifications;
- If a product is relocated from its original delivery location by transporters not approved by The Essentialist or the relocation caused damage due to improper packaging and transporting;
- Any furniture which has been exposed to Extreme Use (Extreme Use is damage caused by more than ‘normal wear and tear;’ or spills such as acid, solvents, dyes, or other corrosive materials, ink, paint or body fluids; moisture of any kind, improper cleaning techniques or placing furniture outdoors, in close proximity to heat or in direct sunlight);
- Any work or installation carried out on the item by a contractor or third party not approved in writing by The Essentialist.
The Essentialist cannot give an exact timeframe by which a product will be repaired (if capable of repair) but will do so (if capable of repair) within a reasonable time.
To be entitled to claim under any of the above warranties you must:
(i) Should a defect or imperfection appear in the item within the twelve month period commencing at purchase, stop using the item immediately. To make a claim under this warranty you must, before the warranty period expires:
(ii) Contact The Essentialist concierge and provide the receipt or proof of purchase, details of what you consider the defect to be and the circumstances in which the defect appeared and all other relevant communications in respect of the Warranty claim for goods.
(iii) We will then inspect and determine whether the item is defective and if, acting reasonably, we agree the item is defective and the warranty responds, we will provide the remedies outlined in The Essentialist Warranty Policy.